Sunday, August 3, 2008

Pictures

I am not one that carries a camera everywhere, though I believe I do have somewhat of an artistic photographer in me. The picture you see on the left side of the page of the Lone Cyprus was taken
by yours truly, and I do like to take pictures of nature. However, I am not in the habit of taking pictures of myself. I say that someone is a bit egocentric if they have more pictures of themselves than friends.
On the other side of things, there is that saying that, "A picture is worth a thousand words." Taking this logic, we could conceivably submit a photograph of anything as a suitable 1000-word TA term paper. Wouldn't that be awesome?!
If a picture is worth a thousand words, how much is a video worth? Considering that most video cameras operate at roughly 30 frames per second, one second of video is worth 30,000 words. Which, come to think of it, is pretty flipping awesome.
Welcome to my way of thinking, people. Just random streams of consciousness. Deal.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hmm, one photo or a Torrey term paper? That is pretty sweet. If you could convince your Faith tutor to submit a picture instead of a paper, I would be in awe of your greatness forever.

GAClive said...

dang. I'm not sure if a picture is worth a thousand words. I see it as how many words it takes to describe the subject of the picture. I think it is relative. But seriously, cree, your way of thinking never ceases to amaze me.

Quotation of the Day

Hit Counter!