Thursday, October 30, 2008

New Music

So I got into Jack Johnson thanks to a little encouraging from Colton, and now I'm pretty sure he's one of the best guitar players around. Check out "Breakdown" on the sidebar.
It's pretty whimsical, which describes me perfectly.
-- Next we have the undeniable classic, "Under the Milky Way Tonight". You just can't beat The Church, with their U2/Coldplay style vocals and great acoustic guitar. Classic.
-- Annnd third on the list, Coldplay's "Yes" from Viva la Vida. This is arguably the best song on the album, with an almost Middle Eastern sounding string section and upbeat tempo. Absolutely amazing.
-- Fouth, we have my personal favorite Death Cab song, "Title and Registration." Good stuff.
-- Finally, Anberlin with "Never Take Friendship Personal".

Me this week, in song:
"But you can't stop nothing
if you got no control
of the thoughts in your mind
that you kept and you know
you don't know nothing
but you don't need to know."

"Sometimes when this place gets kind of empty,
Sound of their breath fades with the light.
I think about the loveless fascination,
Under the milky way tonight."

"I've become so tired of this lonely mess."

"Cause it's too important
To stay the way it's been."

"When I awoke there was nothing real in this life
But dreams are so intoxicating
when you're doing this alone."

Yep. That's me.
More later.
Peace,
Cree

6 comments:

interfect said...

did it really take you this long to discover jack johnson? oh and your music player is broken.

TheCree said...

I just haven't gotten around to it. And no it isn't ha it works perfectly for me. Hit play, then pause it until it loads.

Elizabeth said...

Hmm...Breakdown sounds a lot like you. Very fun...hooray for discovering new music!

danielle marie. said...

ok one: i cant believe you JUST started listening to Jack Johnson. gosh hes amazing.
two: totally agree with you on coldplays latest album. "Yes" is one of my favorite songs. :]

danielle marie. said...

p.s.

three: "Title and Registration"- great song

TheCree said...

Hah don't judge me Danielle.

Quotation of the Day

Hit Counter!