Friday, June 5, 2009

Guitar

So the new music I put up is all me ;). Acoustic. Unplugged. I may hit a stray note here and there but I actually was making it all up as I went, so please forgive the occasional off key note. It happened like twice haha. And I have a bad mic, so you might hear strange wooshes or whatever. Enough of my excuses.

For Newfound Life, I capoed 2 and played in E (which, I guess, would be F# since it's capo 2). I threw in a little cameo from Coldplay's Chinese Sleep Chant. See if you can pick it out.

Salvation's Song was a bit more difficult. I tuned to DADGAD and capoed 5. The shapes were all makeshift...I don't have much experience with DADGAD, so I just picked out whatever sounded good. You'll hear a lot of scales and stuff. This is my favorite of the bunch.

I also capoed 2 for Kick It (Hispanic Roots). I tried to add a Latin-esque flavor by playing Bm, F#m, and F#/Bsus2...I threw a bunch of other stuff in there, too.

Well let me know what you think,

~Charlemayn

1 comment:

Cecelia Melody said...

dude cree, you've been holding out on us at guitar lessons. I love the salvation song. amazing.

keep it up.

word verification: tunks

Quotation of the Day

Hit Counter!