Friday, June 26, 2009

Posting

So sometimes I feel like I have to write a huge dissertation on some spiritual malady, or lecture on some big important topic.

But sometimes I can't think of anything to say.

Other times, I have small, random thoughts, but those usually go to my Facebook status update.

So I am sorry, dear blog, for forsaking you. As a peace offering: I submit the following conjecture:

I despise drama and its purveyors. As if life does not already contain enough turbulence and turmoil, there are those that seek to stir things up; that cannot leave well enough alone. They are those that feed the flames of gossip, and that ripple the water of tranquility. They can bend will, create trauma ex nihilo, and destroy true friendship. Drama will turn a good day into a bad day with one snide comment, one hidden tale, one cloaked question. And I am tired of fighting a losing battle trying to do good in this world.

I'm on a mission to love rightly. On a mission to preserve purity. On a mission to seek the kingdom of God and all His righteousness. And I will do ANYTHING to maintain the sanctity of this mission, even if it means losing friends.

We're in a war. Dramatists are the double-agents of this war. They pretend to care, but seek to spread destruction. I will avoid drama and its purveyors at all costs.

Either help me, or get out of my way.

~Charlemayn

5 comments:

Chris.B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris.B said...

I totally know what you mean about posting with nothing important to blog on... For the most part, I do agree with you about drama, and gl with your mission to love rightly, but I sincerely think it's very rash to say that you will do "ANYTHING" to avoid drama, even to the point of losing friendships.

Me being on the other side of the country, I have no clue what the drama that you experience is like. From personal experience, however, I can definitely say that, a) drama sucks... and b)true friendship is really what it boils down to. No matter who or what is the problem, whether it's a true friend, or just someone you know, a true and sincere friend is *NEVER* worth losing.
sry for the super long comment, just wanted to share my thoughts

Cree said...

Chris, thanks for your thoughts. But I wrote that I would do anything to continue to seek after the kingdom of God and His righteousness, not that I would do anything to avoid drama ;). You're right, though, a true friend is worth keeping.

Chris.B said...

Ah ok, sry about that confusion. When it comes to your relationship with God, God is always primary. definitely... well gl to ya!

Bethany said...

I totally agree with you. May God help you in your mission, and may He help all who call on His Name to join you in it.

Quotation of the Day

Hit Counter!